Sunday, January 30, 2011

small blogger world...

taken from yarnloopies flickr
i just remembered a lovely pattern i saw on smoking hot needles some time ago and started to look for it. it was a design by stephen west called birdwing. i could not find it anywhere so i contacted monika (smoking hot needles) to ask her about it and she replied, just some minutes later. she told me that the pattern is not available yet but if i, by any chance am lenes daughter. yes, i am! so i contacted my mum and she told me that monika made this amazing shawl that i wear all year round! i knew that it was a gift from a flickr friend, but i have to admit i forgot the name...
taken from yarnloopies flickr 
taken from yarnloopies flickr
taken from storebukkebruses flickr

thank you monika for this beautiful shawl, i still wear it a lot!

2 comments:

Monika said...

Hehe, and I could not remember, which of Lene's daughters got the shawl! I'm really happy that you still use it. I hope that Birdwing will be released soon, it's an interesting pattern. I'm looking forward to Stephens Book II, he's got many great patterns in this one.

Lauren Davenport said...

That shawl is absolutely beautiful!