i have to admit that i am not taking very good care of my hair. i never did. i was at a hair salon maybe twice in my life (i let friends and family cut it) and hate brushing it because it keeps tangling and knotting itself.
|this is uncombed around christmas 2012, just as an impression|
so i am probably the worst hair person out there and my hair almost reaches my but now!
i tried several store bought conditioners and treatments, untangling prays and all those things but never found anything i was really happy with.
as i got into homemade and DIY recipes for around the house i found this hair treatment and i was very happy with it. (of course i forgot to take any photos, but i will next time.) it made my hair shiny and it felt a lot stronger. i also think it was easier to comb but that is hard to measure ;)
give it a try:
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 large egg
- heat the coconut oil until it is completely liquid and take it from the heat.
- mix in the honey (it might take some minutes until they are well combined).
- now gently mix the egg yolk and white together and add it to the honey coconut oil mix.
- when everything is combined apply it to your dry hair (try to cover everything including your scalp).
- cover your hair with a shower cap or old towel and let it soak for as long as possible. it might start itching a bit when it drys, so massage your scalp and hair gently through the towel/shower cap. i left it in for several hours and then washed it out with some warm water. your hair will be a bit oily (i left it like that over night and shampooed in the morning), amazing =)